Neue Seite 2
Profilbild

Neue Seite 3 Dies ist eine Sammlung aus Berichten und Sensationen von Erfahrungen die aus 37 Jahre Leben auf Gran Canaria basieren.

Padres rookie right-hander Brett Kenned

in Gran Canaria 13.06.2019 04:01
von panxing18 | 59 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO (AP) —y wasn’t dominating Brandon McCarthy Jersey , just effective.“He was missing barrels,” San Diego manager Andy Green said. “There was a lot of soft contact.”Kennedy pitched six strong innings, and Franmil Reyes, Luis Urias and Wil Myers all homered to lead the Padres to a 7-0 win over the Colorado Rockies on Friday night.Kennedy (1-2) had his longest outing in six career starts, giving up four hits, two walks and hitting a batter. He struck out two as the Padres won their season-high fourth straight game while starting rookies in each of the wins.“Definitely a great feeling and definitely nice that we played great, put up a lot of runs and played some great defense,” Kennedy said. “When you can put together a game like that and get your first win, it’s a great feeling.”Reyes, who had a walk-off shot in the 13th inning Thursday night, went deep in the fourth inning. Urias added his first career homer, a two-run blast, in the five-run eighth, which preceded Myers’ long fly.“It feels great,” Urias said. “I’m so happy that I got my first homer.”With the loss the Rockies fell into third place in the NL West, but remained 1 1/2 games behind the division-leading Diamondbacks.The Padres’ bullpen http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , which allowed one earned run in seven innings of relief Thursday, was keen once again. Matt Stahm and Phil Maton pitched one inning each and Rowan Wick, making his major league debut, got the final three outs.Colorado didn’t have multiple baserunners aboard until the sixth inning. The Rockies were struggling so bad they asked Nolan Arenado, who has more RBIs (545) than any player since 2014 and 91 this year, to sacrifice bunt when Carlos Gonazalez opened the sixth with a walk.Arenado advanced Gonzalez to second, but he was stranded. Galvis snagged Trevor Story’s liner and David Dahl struck out.“We definitely feel like we’re better than what we’ve been doing,” Story said. “We just really had that big hit with runners on.”Kennedy was on his game.“I tried not to do too much,” said Kennedy, a Padres 11th round pick in 2015. “In the first inning I just said I’m going to make pitches and whatever happens, happens. Today it felt like the first day I was pounding the strike zone and getting some bad swings.”Kennedy doesn’t have a power arm, instead relying on location with his curveball and slider to upset batters’ timing.“He got inside enough to keep them honest,” Green said.The Rockies have gone 16 straight innings in the series without scoring against the Padres.“The last two nights we haven’t done it,” Colorado manager Bud Black said. “I think the only way that we can look at is the big picture. We’re in a pennant race, we’ve had two rough nights offensively, we’ve pitched well until the eighth inning.”Antonio Senzatela (4-5) pitched six innings and gave up a run and four hits.Galvis provided an additional cushion in the seventh when he drove in Austin Hedges with an RBI single off reliever Seunghwan Oh. Hedges reached on a one-out double.Reyes Jose Ramirez Jersey , who is only four homers off Hunter Renfroe’s team-high 17, struck again with a laser to left-center in the fourth inning. Senzatela presented a center-cut, 93 mph fastball and Reyes, a call-up from Triple-A El Paso on Aug. 4, didn’t let the mistake get by. It extended the rookie outfielder’s hitting streak to six games and he has gone deep in nine of his last 10 contests. Over that span he has four homers and a double.TRAINER’S ROOMPadres: RHP Bryan Mitchell (elbow) will come off the disabled list and get the start in Monday’s game at Arizona. Mitchell last pitched on June 6.UP NEXTRockies: RHP Jon Gray (10-7, 4.76) has seen Colorado win four of his five starts since returning from Triple-A Albuquerque on Aug. 5. Gray is 7-3 in 14 career starts against the Padres, which includes a 3-1 mark this year.Padres: LHP Robbie Erlin (3-4, 3.69) will make his seventh appearance and second start against the Rockies this year in the third contest of the four-game series. He’s pitched to a 2.61 ERA with the Rockies hitting just .205 against him. He went five innings, allowing three runs and five hits at Colorado in a start on Aug. 21 for the win. NEW YORK (AP) — Mel Stottlemyre made his mark on the mound: He started Game 7 of the World Series, earned five championship rings as a pitching coach, wound up with a plaque at Monument Park.But his most enduring impression might have come with the bat — more than a half-century later, he remains the last pitcher to hit an inside-the-park grand slam.Stottlemyre, the ace who later oversaw stellar staffs for both the New York Yankees and Mets, has died. He was 77.The Yankees said Stottlemyre died Sunday. He had been living in the Seattle area and had multiple myeloma for nearly 20 years.“Mel was more than a pitching coach to me. He was a dear friend. Everything I accomplished in the game was because of him. He taught me so much more than balls and strikes,” former pupil Dwight Gooden said in a statement.A five-time All-Star and three-time 20-game winner, Stottlemyre went 164-139 with a 2.97 ERA in 11 seasons Ronald Acuna Jr. Jersey , all with the Yankees.Stottlemyre made his major league debut in August 1964, providing a big boost in the pennant race. The 22-year-old rookie started three times against St. Louis great Bob Gibson in the World Series, eventually losing Game 7 on two days’ rest.The right-hander showed he could excel at the plate, too. He got five hits in a game during his first year.On July 20, 1965, Stottlemyre came up with the bases loaded in the fifth inning against Boston righty Bill Monbouquette. The Red Sox drew in their defense all over the diamond.Instead, Stottlemyre hit a line drive that split left fielder Carl Yastrzemski and center fielder Jim Gosger and kept rolling, well over 450 feet away at spacious Yankee Stadium. Stottlemyre took off, ran around third and slid home as the throw bounced past the catcher.“I guess they thought I was going to bunt to squeeze in a run,” Stottlemyre said after the game.Only one other time has a pitcher hit an inside-the-park grand slam — in 1910, by Deacon Phillippe of Pittsburgh.Stottlemyre went 20-9 that year, completing 18 of his 37 starts, but the Yankees dipped below .500. Coming off a long period of dominance, the Yanks stayed stuck in a tailspin and never again reached the postseason during his playing days.Stottlemyre then moved into the second phase of his career, teaching what he had learned. Working with the likes of Gooden, David Cone and Roger Clemens Sean Newcomb Jersey , Stottlemyre emerged as a top pitching coach.“One of the classiest men I have ever known on or off the field. A wonderful pitching coach and father figure to the young pitchers on our Mets teams in the 1980s,” Ron Darling said in a statement.Stottlemyre oversaw the Mets’ staff that won the 1986 title during a decade in Queens and earned four rings as Yankees manager Joe Torre’s pitching coach during a decade in the Bronx.“Mel was a role model to us all and the toughest man I have ever met,” Torre said in a statement. “Sometimes a manager hires a friend to be their coach but with Mel, as with (Don Zimmer), he was my coach who became a dear friend and someone who became very special to me.”Stottlemyre also coached with Houston and Seattle.Sons Mel Jr. and Todd both pitched in the majors. Mel Jr. was hired last month as the Miami Marlins‘ pitching coach.In 2015, a dozen years after he left the Bronx, Stottlemyre overcame problems from his bone marrow cancer and returned to Yankee Stadium for Old-Timers’ Day. The team had a surprise waiting for him — a plaque in Monument Park.Thrilled at the honor, Stottlemyre spoke to the fans and said, given his health situation, that it could be his last appearance at the ballpark.“If I never get to come to another Old-Timers’ Day, I will take these memories that I have today, and I will start another baseball club, coaching up there whenever they need me,” he told the crowd.

nach oben springen

Besucherzähler Meine Traffic DownloadHeinz Karl Kamann

Erstelle dein Profilbanner www.VLC.de - Hier erhalten Sie kostenlos mit einem Klick den VLC.de Media Player zum Direktdownload
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: charleschoper
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1714 Themen und 2762 Beiträge.

Heute waren 3 Mitglieder Online: